Monday 26 October 2009

Can't think of a title.......

So another week in South Africa has gone.....its going so quick! I only have 1 week left and I will be sad to leave, however I am very excited to see Crocker and I am not that nervous about going to India - God is clearly making me bolder!

I did my talk at Thirsty Youth this week - which went well, I chose to talk on Self Worth and where you get your worth from. I really enjoyed it and they responded well to it which is good because I was worried that the cultral differences would cause problems but it didn't. We had 60 youth turn up which is the biggest group of people I have every done a talk to so it was slightly scary but I didn't get that nervous. I had an interpretur which I liked because it meant I could stop and think before I spoke and for those of you who know me well know that I need to do this more often anyway! ha!


I decided not to go out with People of Hope this week - I found it quite hard the week before and I felt quite useless. I was glad I went because it meant I got to see what they do and I was so inspired by those ladies.


Mapheo was great this week - on Wednesday they made there own little vegetable patches outside the church building. They had so much fun and it was so lovely to see even the really little kids get involved.



I think that is all the major news this week! sorry its quite a short one!

Salahantle!

P.s. Missing Family, friends and chocolate that melts in your mouth (it just doesn't melt here!)

No comments: