Monday 12 October 2009

Highlights since Wednesday......


Mapeo....is AMAZING! This is a project for vunerable children where they meet up every Wednesday and Thursday afternoon and a couple from England lead it. There are about 70 children on there books and they have about 50 children come at a time. On Wednesdays they learn about the Bible and have life skills and on Thursdays they have free play. The aim of this project is to build up they self esteem and show them love and the children are so sweet!

Becky and Gus came to Clarens for the weekend so I spent Friday afternoon and evening with them which was lovely! I will miss them both - they were such a blessing to me in Maseru.

On Saturday I got to tag along to future leaders training day which was great! Mark Thornett from the Swindon church was teaching on Leadership. Then that evening I went to Thirsty Youth which was really good to finally see after hearing so much about it from the guys who went in Feb! It lived up to all my expectations; I will be doing a talk there next week so I’m looking forward to that.

Sunday was also a lovely day had church in the morning, and then went round Rachel’s flat in the afternoon with some guys from the church. Then in we had the evening ‘Mobilise’ meeting which was brilliant!

My weeks here are going to be very full which I am liking because as many of you know I’m not great at being on my own and I get my energy from hanging out with people -which I am doing a lot of here. Everyone is really nice and I’m already making some good friends!

I think God is going to change me quite a lot whilst I’m here (for the better) and give me quite a lot of boldness (which he is already doing). I will be doing people of hope this week (detail of what it is in last post) which I’m quite nervous about because I get quite emotional in situations like that and I’m praying that I will be able to cope with it so if you’re reading this can you pray for me?

I think that’s it for now!

No comments: