Thursday 5 November 2009

Bye Bye South Africa.....Hello India!

So I have arrived in India.....on first impressions its just like I expected - sticky heat, crazy - busy roads, lots of people but I am enjoying it! It was a very long journey from Clarens to here and I had to wait quite some time for Lucy (5 hours!!!) at the airport which was pretty boring as there is nothing there to do but it was soooooo nice to see Lucy and its lovely to have a bit of home with me on my travels now. Our hotel is lovely, we are in Chennai for today and tomorrow and then we move on to Kochi - I am excited and slightly nervous to experience the trains! Tomorrow we have hired a driver to take us sight seeing around Chennai which should be fun. Then on Monday we start are week organised tour around Kerela (which incl - travelling through the Backwaters and going to a tiger preserve - which also has wild elephants there - I am sooo looking forward to that!).

It was actually really sad to say goodbye to Clarens....I really loved it there and will miss it. It was really nice because on Sunday night the church prayed for me and then again on Tuesday morning at the prayer meeting. God taught me so much in my time there and I think he has changed me so much.

1. I hardly stress anymore, my anxiety and worry seems to be fading away.
2. I trust so much more in God for provision and protection than I ever have before!
3. My fear has calmed down a lot.
4. I am excited (not scared) about seeing other nations and cultures, I think this is something God is preparing me for in the future!!!

I have also recieved LOTS of words from God in 4 weeks which I am praying on and trusting in God for. I have made good friends in Clarens who have taught me a lot and I will miss them. However I am very excited about this next part of my trip, what I can't believe is how fast it is going.

I also wanted to say thank you so much for those of you who gave me and Lucy chocolate (you know who you are) it was amazing to have some of it last night (we have A LOT - a picture will be coming for you to see the incredible amount of chocolate we have) I loved every melting moment - HA HA! (it doesn't melt in your mouth in SA).

I hope to get to internet within the next week but there is a possibility I wont be able to.

Bye for now!

No comments: