Monday 28 September 2009

Bye bye Lesotho....

Only 3 days left in Lesotho now – I go to a Student and Twenties weekend this coming weekend, which is in Bethlehem (about 30mins from Clarens), there will be people coming from all around the region so it should be exciting. Then I’m in Clarens for 4 weeks. I am looking forward to moving onto something new and seeing a different place but I will miss the people here and the church.

So highlights of this week…..

Went on a hike in Malealea – which is a mountain village about 2 hours from Maseru. It is such a beautiful place with INCREDABLE views, we went to a place called the Malealea lodge where they have things like 2,3,6 hour hikes, donkey rides etc. Me, Mark and Outi went on a 2 hour hike which was one of the most adventours things I’ve done because we walked up the edges of these very high, steep, rocky mountains – and I only tripped up once….are you impressed? (I was slightly scared at some points but I enjoyed it)

Sunday morning meeting – Steve Oliver came and spoke at City of Joy this Sunday and it was a brilliant talk. I felt God’s spirit on me so strongly all through the meeting and then he spoke on Mark 1:35-39 – I’ve never really thought much about these verses but they are actually very important and powerful when you really look into them. Steve’s talk was mainly based around the question ‘Will you go?’ (will you go where God calls you to go) I’ve heard many talks on this but the response has always been ‘If you feel called to other nations’ but I never have felt called to other nations so I’ve never responded, but when Steve asked us if ‘We will go?’ I felt God said I needed to respond to this – so I did. I’m excited to see where God is taking me and I’m now ready to listen. Something else Steve said was that we should be patient, wait for God to speak to us about this and get stuck into are local church whilst we wait, I felt like this really spoke to me – If I don’t hear from God about my future during this trip (which is what I was really hopeing for when I left) its fine I will just come home and get stuck in to Jubilee again and wait.

Do you know what was also incredible about this is that only 2 days before I had written a prayer to God that he would speak to me here in Lesotho and then 2 days later he did.

It was amazing because I think God is slowly breaking a lot of my fears, I never thought I would handle another nation but I’m here, I’m coping really well with the heat, the cultural differences and I’m really enjoying it. I’m out of my comfort zone and I like it! I’m either stronger than I thought or God’s strength is in me……I think it’s God!

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

becky said...

Oh what a lovely post Madeleine.... God bless you loads in your last 3 days in Lesotho, much love, becky x

Jeni Whitchurch said...

Maddy don't leave us hanging! I was gutted to come on and find no new post yesterday, guessing internet access in your new location isn't as easy. Can't wait for the next installment, and hope you are ok. Love you xx