Monday 21 December 2009

Gosh its been a very long time since I last blogged.......so what has been happening!

Well I have been in New Zealand now for 3 weeks and really enjoying it. We have travelled round the South Island.....which was amazing! Here's quick overview of where we went.......

Christchurch - Fairlie - Lake Tekapo - Mount Cook - Queenstown - Te Anue - Milford Sound - Queenstown - Wanaka - Frans Josef - Greymouth - Pancake Rocks - Motueka - Able Tasman - Hamner Springs - Christchurch.

So I could talk about every place a every detail of what we did but I think that might bore you so I am just going to pull out some highlights......

1. Lake Tekapo - this is by far the most beautiful lake I have ever seen - it is the most incredible turqouise colour.

2. In Te Anue - Glow worm Caves were amazing.

3. Frans Josef Glacier hike - This was something that I would never have imagined myself doing let alone enjoying but Lucy wanted to do it and I had heard it was an amazing experience that couldn't be missed....so dispite my fears I decided to do it and loved it!

I want to talk about more but if I am honest I am writing this blog at 12 at night and am very tired!

I am still having an amazing time and looking forward to a hot and very different Christmas. I guess though the home sick feeling is now starting to kick in more! I am still sooooo excited to see more of New Zealand and even more excited to go to Boston but I am missing home comforts and family and friends there. I still can't believe though how fast time is going and I am trying to enjoy every day as much as possible even though sometimes home is where my heart is! (how cheesy....ha ha!)

Anyway I really need some sleep will blog soon and hopefully a lot better but for now......MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: