Sunday 19 July 2009

Writing again!

So its been a year and 6 months since I last posted anything on this blog and I was intending to start writing when I go travelling in September but I thought I would start now as I have time to write and I have a very interesting summer ahead which could produce interesting posts.
For now though I want to leave you with a song that God continually speaks to me through and I love. The lyrics have so much truth and at least once a week I listen to this song as I walk to work because it just reminds me how amazing our God is and how amazing his grace and mercy is!
Before the throne of God above
I have a strong and perfect plea.
A great High Priest whose Name is Love
Who ever lives and pleads for me.
My name is graven on His hands,
My name is written on His heart.
I know that while in heaven He stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of my guilt within,
Upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end of all my sin.
Because the sinless Savior died
My sinful soul is counted free.
For God the just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me.

Behold Him there the risen Lamb,
My perfect spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I am,
The King of Glory and of Grace,
One with Himself I cannot die.
My soul is purchased by His blood,
My life is hid with Christ on high,
With Christ my Savior and my God!
© 2001 Gotee Records




1 comment:

Becky Fox said...

oh, fancy that..... i don't look on your blog much any more cos i know you haven't written for ages, but i just thought i'd check it out and what a joy to discover you posted something today! It's an encouraging song too - thanks for posting it. I look forward to reading more, lots of love, becky x