Friday 27 April 2007

Photographers

Well I thought for this post instead of boring you with whats been going on in my week (which has been pretty average) I would steal an idea from what Becky.f does in her blog and talk about photographs/photographers that I like and that have also inspired me as a photographer (thanks becky).

Well one of the first photographers I really heard about and was struck by was Diane Arbus, she is a portrait photographer, but is very well known for photographing quite striking people. I remember seeing her work for the first time and being drawn in.
Another photographer that I like is Gregory Crewdson, I find his use of lighting fasinating and the way he constructs his images really captures the viewers eyes, he shoots his photographs as if he is photographing film sets. I just remember seeing his work for the first time in London and spending ages looking at the very large prints.


One other photographer I want to mention is one that I haved loved looking at ever since 1st yr of college which is portrait photographer Anton Corbijn, I cannot tell you what it is about his work that I like because I dont know! but here are a few of his images anyway!



Ok well thats it I guess, I am scanning my negatives onto the comp in the next few weeks so hopefully I will have some of my own images on here soon!

Anyhoo i'm gonna go to bed now

Night allXXXX



2 comments:

Becky Fox said...

What... you mean you stole MY idea!... how dare you! ha ha! Only Kiddin! I very much enjoyed looking at those photos... particularly the ones by Anton Corbijn, especially the first one of his you put up.

You make me feel so shallow now... i don't really think greatly about the pictures i put up on mine, and they're not even my favourites, they are just ones i've come across that day or something, maybe i should actually put up things that i truely love... hmm.. good plan, ha ha!

Anyway, you have just stopped me from writing the post i planned to write next, can't explain why, but there we go.

Ooo.. i'm writing randomness today... think it's that 'after-fit' effect. Right, i am gonna shut-up.

ciao for now lovely,

from miss fox x x x x x x x x x x

Yegritos said...

Muy interesante

http://yegritos.blogspot.com/