Monday 21 February 2011

One Year On...

So its been a year since I last posted, I'm starting again because I am about to go on another adventure.....I'm heading back to South Africa for 6 weeks with a good friend. It feels so different this time round instead of fear and anxiety being my main feelings, I feel excited and expectant for God to do a lot in me over the coming weeks.

However before I start going into all that, this post will just be a catch up of this year and its main highlights.......

  • God provided me with a job (it wasn't the most exciting! but it was answer to pray).
  • This job allowed me to save to go back to SA, buy a new Mac and camera to help me with my photography portfolio and help towards getting me a driving license (still haven't got that yet but I'm working on it).
  • I have become co-leader of such an exciting youth group!
  • I think this last highlight is the best one.....God has blessed me with some incredible friendships! I have been able to make deeper friendships with friends I have known for some time, and I am so so thankful to God for this. God has also blessed me with amazing new friendships. This year, like every year does, has had its ups and downs but the one thing that has stayed at a steady high has been these incredible friendships which I honestly couldn't do without and I will always be grateful for.
Praise God for friends......


3 comments:

Jeni Whitchurch said...

Cool mads. You need to update your profile, you're nearly 25!! x

Maddy Reece said...

Ha....thanks for that! Its changed.....after this year I'm not such a fan of coffee anymore so took that off too! XX

becky said...

Look missy, no point re-starting your blog if you ain't gonna write it! ha.. ok, i'm being impatient... Hope you're having fun.. Be blessed abundantly, xx